Monday 1 June 2015

Why You Should Use a Postpartum Girdle After Delivery






With all of my postpartum girdle reviews going on, I've gotten frequent amounts of questions revolving around them so I thought I would clear them up!

What does a postpartum girdle do?
A postpartum girdle compresses the tummy and uterus in order to help shrink it back to its original size-sometimes even smaller! Some are also made to shrink your hips as well. For C-section mamas, they help hold the incision in well due to the fact that some incisions tend to come apart. They also give you the support you need when using your abdominal muscles postpartum when you are still weak.

Why should you wear a postpartum girdle?

Many reasons:
Faster bounceback rate
Tummy support
Flattens your tummy & hips
Prevents enlargement of fat cells
Straightens your spine
Helps compress your uterus to not only return the uterus to its original size, but to help swelling go down and extra fluid come out.
When do you start wearing a girdle?
Immediately after giving birth, at the hospital! I strapped mine on 2-3 hours after I delivered.

How long are you supposed to wear the girdle for?
For the first 8 weeks immediately upon giving birth. This is because the hormone Relaxin stays within your system for this long!

What brand girdle do I recommend?
My favorites are Bellefit & Belly Bandit. I liked the Bellefit a tad bit more because of the corset shape. By being shaped this way, the girdle did not roll up or down and stayed perfectly conformed to my torso. However, the BB was also great as well!

Is it worth the money ?
Simply put-YES?

Can I skip it?
Sure! Absolutely. Girdles just speeds up the process of getting back to your pre-pregnancy body and compress areas that your body normally cannot on its own.

Source: Diary of a fit mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment